Monday 12 September 2011

Labour Day love

I am becoming very comfortable in my new city, making more friends and enjoying what the city has to offer (on a budget sometimes, since Blo is consuming most of my life right now).

I have an influx of visitors still, anyone that has moved here from another city tells me this is the norm and it will apparently never end....but I don't mind when it's good company! Speaking of, I had Anar & Nadia come down for Labour Day weekend, and they basically took me on vacation to the W in Ft. Lauderdale before moving to a hotel on South Beach. We had such a good time, and if I ever felt like I was in a re-make of The Hangover before, this weekend takes the cake! Let's just say somehow shoes ended up outside my condo, Tyson slept with his leash on, random chicks hanging around (yes, I mean baby chickens) & not remembering the last time we slept. Hell we almost had Mike Tyson make a cameo. I definitely do not want to piece this weekend together with pictures ;)

The InterviewHer event was fun and I definitely enjoyed the company I was with. While I was there I indulged in a little feather extension just for fun!


Incase you can't tell it's purple and black, just one lone little guy. In hindsight I wish I got 2-3 but we'll see. It's difficult to brush the area where it is attached (or more like painful when you forget!).










This past weekend was fun: Went to Mynt with a great group of girls & we randomly had a table next to Sammy Sosa, a former baseball player and Latin legend in sports. Nothing special, just thought I'd mention...because only in Miami have I seen a 45 year old pimped out in a white suit (and can still rock it) & order about 6 magnums of champagne and be considered 'cool'...
Oh and I was the ultimate wing-woman for my friend Diana, who calls me Vacanissima (translated as a Columbian term for 'Super cool'). In my quest to learn Spanish, I am learning a lot of other words too, that have no application for me in the outside world....need to get me a Rosetta stone asap! Most people think I am Latin-American already because of my name & skin tone...if I had some of the language down I could get away with it!

My friend & former University of Toronto housemate Khaled is in town from Vancouver so we had dinner at the local fave Dolores but you can call me Lolita, and caught up on the last year and a half. It was nice to see an old face...someone who remembers me as the blonde Portugese girl (as he may recall it) & our late night jogs and Tim Hortons pit stops.

Lastly, Sept 8th was Fashion's Night Out, a big evening of fashion where shopping areas host shows/events during the evening. Blo was at Zingara Swim Boutique in Aventura Mall on Thursday evening for a pop-up Blo bar, styling the women who wanted to freshen their 'dos!


Although I am getting comfortable in my hood, I am still directionally-challenged when it comes to getting around. I am not sure why, perhaps because I rely so heavily on GPS and when I don't have it I get lost. I also think it has to do with the setup of the city and beach, as in Toronto if you want to head towards the lake you know to drive South, and we don't have all these different bridges to get to the beach (and since south beach is really east of me...it makes no sense just yet).



Ordering glittery pumps online (even though I shouldn't be!)...

xo
Fatima

3 comments:

  1. Fatimssss! Wow our lives are SO different, but I'm glad we're both adjusting and living it up! No more SILS hahahaha! Miss you so much too babes! xoxo Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to visit eachother in the near future! Sils whaa? Apollo who?? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the blog post and the mention :) Can't wait for Hangover part two baby!!!

    ReplyDelete