Friday 20 May 2011

Time to relax...




So finally some time to write....I'm sitting by the pool composing this on my iPad wondering when this will feel like home. Reality has not set in yet. The only thing that is different now is that usually a trip to Miami consists of mad frenzy/little sleep, trying to squeeze in as much partying, shopping, tanning and swimming as 72 hours will allow. I'm wearing my swimsuit under my hooded dress, but have no desire to go in the water... and that's ok because the pool will be here tomorrow, and next week, as will the good weather.

There is a large hispanic community in south Florida, and since you don't see many South Asian/Arab/Indian people (just various degrees of tanned) most people are either confused or just assume I'm some type of Latina. I really have to learn Spanish so I can get away with it when necessary, or atleast understand when they speak to me. Right now I get this foreign look on my face...
Speaking of, the other night I walked Tyson around Mary Brickell Village at night, to go see the nightlife around my future Blo. Two separate times I was asked for directions to a restaurant, then a pub in the area. It was so great that I could actually help, and I think I got a bit too excited. They have never seen someone so enthusiastic or proud to give directions in their life LOL!

Last night I went to watch Erik's soccer game on a rooftop soccer pitch! Then I went to a ladies night at this resto/lounge called "Dolores, but you can call me Lolita" and being part of this girl who promotes 'crew' I received free dinner and drinks :)

I keep asking myself: Who lives in Miami?? It's a vacay spot.
But I'm starting to realize I can live more here, than maybe I can in Toronto. People have a good time all the time....now I just need to get this business going so I can keep up!

"I wanna get rich in Miami"
                      - Pitbull

xo,
Fatima


Rooftop soccer!

1 comment:

  1. glad i came across your blog! My husband (originally from toronto) and I just moved here this week from Orange County CA. I totally agree with all that your feeling with the big move here! Weve been here numerous times on vacation that consisted of late night partying and all day by the pool but now that we live here it is a little different experience. I actually was looking online to see when the Blo bar is officially opening?! ( was a huge fan of dry bar in LA and newport beach) and can always use a good blow out! xo

    www.andeelayne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete