Sunday 10 July 2011

Look Who's Permitted Now!

So after the story of the Never Ending Expedition unfolded, and the critics raving reviews of this suspenseful drama brought many award nominations, I finally have my building permit from the City of Miami! And most people who know this process, even the ones who work in the various departments I dealt with, said I completed this by myself in near record timing!
*BTW I hear that they are casting J-Lo to play my character  =P

This means in about 1 week construction starts! Finally some visual progress heading my way...and yours!

Another cool thing happened: I had my first 4th of July here! It was a great day filled with biking really far in the middle of the day (not smart in the summer in downtown Miami), a visit to my Dad and his friends at their condo on Hallandale Beach, and then fireworks & food at Bayside Park! We walked to the park which is on Biscayne Bay with my little son Tyson and made our way through sweaty crowds while he picked up every single crumb that everyone else dropped.
My building is in the background to my left...that's a FAR ride!

Lastly, Blo Brickell has its very own phone number! (305)374-BLO5 (2565 for all us Blackberry types!). Don't call me just yet though, unless you want your hair washed in the Miami River and naturally dried by the finest humidity this place has to offer.
My backyard/River


Oh I lied, one more piece of exciting news as I prepare myself this week for a busy but fun weekend ahead: Blo Miami is doing the hair for Miami Swim Week this weekend on South Beach! We will be backstage on Friday at the Raleigh blo-ing out the models for the Poko Pano brazilian inspired swimsuit collection! Will definitely have camera on hand and be tweeting any sightings of Kim K ;)
Twitter: @blohairforceone

Poko Pano Swimwear Show

Washing my hair now for what might be one of my last 18 times....until I never have to tame this mane myself!
xo
Fatima

No comments:

Post a Comment