Thursday 30 June 2011

To Crop or Not To Crop?

This is the question I have been thinking about lately.

I need some help...and blogging always helps focus the mind on random subjects such as this.

I am trying to figure out if the amount of time I have spent growing out my hair warrants continuation. I have been taking such good care of it, mostly being on time with my maintenance trims, and using top notch products such as Unite Euro Therapy hair care line.

This might sound like a shameless plug because we will now carry the full line of co-branded products at Blo, but it is not. I received a HUGE 'sample' kit from the rep a few weeks ago, and have been in love ever since. It makes having more hair worthwhile, since I love using these products.
Did I mention that TONS of celebs use this line? Kim Kardashian, Demi Moore, Carmen Diaz, Eva Longoria, and the list of beautifully styled celebs goes on. Not to mention the creator of the line was trained at Vidal Sassoon, the style that I subscribe to!

Unite: What's in your bathroom?

Anyway, I remember fondly how easy my angled bob/crop was to manage too. And how on HOT, HUMID days like today, it would not be anywhere near my neck, causing me to sweat unnecessarily. Speaking of, some days I felt like a swan with my neck fully exposed, and felt taller and leaner too.
However, there were dark days too. When you don't want to make eye contact with someone, you can hide behind longer hair. My long-maned chicks know what I am talking about. Tilt head forward, and voila! No one can really see your face to know what you are thinking, or if you are even falling asleep half the time. Then there is the gym: imagine having to use a Lululemon sweatband, then if you are running or doing a Combat class, you still have that chunk in the back that is flapping around, so you try clips, bobby pins, whatever you can to secure that teeny bit down. I used to envy the girls that simply needed one little stretchy pony-tail holder to secure everything in nicely.

Ahh, the grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it? Hence the starting to grow it out. I have a stubby ponytail now, and it's getting longer by the vitamin-D infused days! Yes - I am serious. I feel like my hair is growing faster here! AND bonus: so are my eyelashes...wink, wink, bat, bat!

A lot of girls in Miami have long hair, and the ones with short styles definitely stand out. Do I want to be like them, and stand out from the crowd?

I am trying to find some pics that instill the loving memories of my short days, to see if they provoke any emotional response....



Hmm. I am tempted. However, my thinking is that if I stick it out a bit longer I will know for sure. And if I get sick of doing my own hair, which happens regularly, I will have a Blo Blow Dry Bar to take care of it for me everyday! I can just see it now...  "Jenny, get someone ready for me...I am about to step out of the pool, and will be there in 8 minutes." Yeah, I will definitely be wanting to take advantage of that.

Former Queen of the Crop,

xo,
Fatima

1 comment:

  1. CROP CROP CROP it! (isn't it nice that CROP no longer means to cut a damn check anymore? hehehe)
    miss u! xoxo T

    ReplyDelete