Thursday 28 April 2011

Clothes, Shoes & Spiders, Oh my!

I hate packing, I hate un-packing. I cannot tell you the recent hells I have been through, trying to decide what to take, what to leave behind, and what to toss (gasp!). If you could only see what I have already packed and how much stuff is still left...moving really makes you see how much 'stuff' you have accumulated. If I have learned anything from this for future, I will be attempting a solid purge every 6 months! I found some things that really made me question my sanity, wondering what I was going to do with them 'one day' and I also realized I don't let go of shoes. In all fairness, I did fill one garbage bag and someone else might be wearing my scuffed patent pumps. My mom came over yesterday and gave me a mom-look that said 'You realize you can't pack one whole suitcase of just shoes...'. In fact, I am sure she said something to that effect too.



In the midst of packing I have enjoyed a few nights out, all meals except a few breakfast eggs & oatmeal have been eaten at fine establishments and therefore until this weekend when a 5-hour clean was done, the house was un-lived in.
With all the dust from moving, comes a little spider (or 2) out of nowhere.

If only you could be there, although I don't wish that hysteria on anyone. The first spider was a sizeable mo-fo that decided to hang out in my bathtub. I woke one morning and my eyes went from barely open to full of potential tears. I am the inspiration for Arachnophobia, I swear. With no other options,  I grabbed a cup, filled it with water from the sink, since clearly I cannot do it from the tub, and get too close, and I splash that creeper who thought he was going to climb out and get to me. He didn't quite make it to the drain, so I did this again. Close enough. I turn on the hot water and allow it to run until I am sure he was unable to cling to anything inside the drain and come up while I lay sleeping that night. Phew!
That same night, I came home late, somewhat vino'd up, and walked into a dark house. I hit the lights, and all I can see is this spider on the floor in front of me. *Shudder*
Without even closing the front door, I lunge into the house, drop everything into the kitchen (far away from its evil clutches) and grab the central vac. I couldn't even bring myself to squish it first. Dripping with sweat, I suck that bugger up, and I continued to vacuum other random things to ensure it wasn't the last thing that went in. My awesome friends try telling me that spiders can live in the filter, and that they can reproduce in there. I just google'd that - and they definitely need a mate to have babies. I am pretty sure the ones that came after me were males anyway.

- F

No comments:

Post a Comment