Monday 27 June 2011

The Never Ending Expedition (Part 2)

The conclusion to the suspenseful drama started in the last post....

Scene 5:
Wed. June 22nd, 2011

Setting: A fast forward of Friday evening to Wednesday morning, Fatima going through several emotions.

After a near-panic attack and some hard-core tension releasing at the gym, Fatima is ready for action and decides she may not find John or Angela Barr, and will move forward in her quest for building permits.
9:30am - Fatima receives notification that her Fedex packages have arrived, which are all her new sets of drawings to take to the city.
As she is heading down to her car to make her way to DERM office, she receives a text from Double Agent! Angela is here. Thankfully the City building is right there! She drives over the bridge and runs up to the 4th floor, building anxiety with every step.
She walks into the permit area, glances at Double Agent, and he gives a knowing look. He sends another covert text: Ask man in red shirt for Angela Barr. Fatima approaches Red and he is on the phone. At that moment, she realizes he doesn't actually work there. Another text: You're cute, will be fine. Looks like Double Agent is on more than one mission(!).
Of course Red knows Angie Barr: "She was just over there.." Fatima turns to the hallway where he points, and her eyes meet with a short, freckly woman in a green shirt. It's her! Angela darts around the corner and Fatima is running in her heels. A chase ensues.

Scene 6:

Fatima gets into the hallways and around the corner to find Angela hovering over some man sitting down, pretending to be in deep conversation, her back to the hall. "Angela, Angela!" Fatima is almost shouting. She does not turn. Fatima taps her on the shoulder. "Remember me??"
Angie has a scared look on her face as Fatima demands to know where her plans are, and why no one has returned her calls/emails/texts for weeks.
Angela claims "We had a death in the family, I just got back into town this morning."
F: "Oh really? Well people saw you in this office on Friday..."
A: "Oh that wasn't me..."
F: "Where are my plans?" Angela claims they are at DERM, where Fatima went on Friday and tells her they are not there.
A: "Oh they are in the West Derm office." She cannot not tell Fatima exactly where that was, an intersection or anything, claiming "I just know how to get there, it's near the turnpike." (She's been doing this for how many years??)
Fatima is fed pissed. She takes out the printouts of everything she found online regarding the Miami-Dade Ethics committee and the complaints filed against John Barr to show her. "How do you think this makes me feel?" Angela guarantees her a call by 4pm that day with her Derm reference # after dismissing the suspicious reports.
Fatima goes inside the permit area again, and requests the DERM West office # from dear Pedro. When she calls them they tell her they have no jurisdiction over the City of Miami!
Angela has now disappeared from sight. She has a pile of plans/paperwork on a seat in the waiting area. Fatima sits down beside them to patiently wait for her, and confront Angela in this most recent lie. A man approaches here who says he overheard the whole conversation with Angela and how he feels bad for Fatima, and how he can help. He also says how Angela has left for a few minutes thinking that Fatima will eventually leave and be out of her hair. "What if I take one of her applications and hold it hostage?" Fatima looks slyly at the pile beside her?
Samaritan: "Nah, applications can be replaced, plans are where it hurts."
She makes her decision: She gets up, grabs the plans and makes her way down to her car, locking them in her trunk. Unethical? Yes. Smart? Definitely. A few minutes later she texts Angela: Angela, you forgot your plans so I grabbed them for you. When you call me at 4pm with my Derm # I can meet with you.
Immediately Fatima receives 2 phone calls, to which she hits the ignore button. Finally Angela texts to say she has not yet left, and to call her.
The following conversations ensue via text:
F - I am just on the phone with Derm west, where are my plans?
A - You need to call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx
F - I have your #. On phone. Please tell me where plans are so I don't waste my time. Otherwise we will chat at 4pm.
A - I can't text, you need to call me.  Suddenly Angela is driving??
F - I'll be a bit..text me derm # as soon as you can.


An hour goes by. Fatima eats a granola bar outside while all city employees are on lunch. She goes back up to re-start her permit application process, with the new plans received via fedex that morning...when suddenly:
A - I have your plans in my hand. Call me.
F - Bring them to city building right now with application. Meet you there.
A - Meet you in parking lot, driving back to City. 
F - No, meet u on 4th floor. 
A - I am not going up I have to meet someone.
F - Imagine that...? I thought plans were in Derm?? Too hot to wait outside. What's an extra 2 min?
A - See you in parking lot
F- I'm upstairs
A - I am in front of City. Doors where you come into bldg. 
F - Come up. Ur wasting your own time...where are you??


At this point, Double Agent texts Fatima saying Angela is at reception in lobby. Fatima comes back down and walks over. "Here are your plans!" states Angela. Then she puts her hands on top of them as Fatima reaches over. "Where are mine??"
Fatima tells her to come upstairs and get them, even though they are actually still in her trunk. "I'm meeting someone, I'm not coming up."
"Suit yourself, you lied to me" Fatima tells her.
Angela proceeds to get right up in Fatima's face, so close she can smell her nasty breath. "I just got these from the girl we hired but she didn't do anything for a week!"
F - "You could have returned my calls to let me know."
Again Angela is very much in Fatima's face, meanwhile she is almost half her height with Fatima's towering heels. "We had a death in the family..."
Fatima interrupts "In business, I return calls even if there is a death in the family. Unless it's my own death..." She grabs the plans from the desk.
A - "You better leave my plans with Pedro!" Fatima walks away, and Angela yells "Bitch!!"
Fatima turns around to retaliate with a laugh, and wants to say 'Just Blo Me' but what does she know about a good Blo? LOL

Scene 7:
The Conclusion!

Fatima does not leave the plans with Pedro...tells him to mention to her she needs a refund for the funds already paid. Fatima heads out to the Derm office to get this party started...or continued since she now has in her hands the original plans with the original City approvals.
As she waits in that office, Pedro calls from the City as a 'courtesy' to let Fatima know Angela spoke to him, and if she doesn't drop the plans off, she will call the cops. Clearly, Fatima is not worried. She has enough information for the cops when they come calling.
THE END



Epilogue:

Fatima is now almost a qualified expeditor herself, incase anyone is looking. She has enough contacts on the inside and is currently doing her permit process by herself.

Making it known that they effed with the wrong girl...

xo
Fatima

2 comments:

  1. CRAZYYY! Glad you got it all sorted out tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a story!!

    ReplyDelete